Health Care Coverage in Washington
See the links below for help dealing with medical debt.
There will be no immediate changes to the ACA and the Marketplaces, including Washington Healthplanfinder and Washington Apple Health. You should continue to enroll in the coverage that is best for your family, including coverage and financial help through Washington Healthplanfinder. See When Can I Enroll in a Plan Through Washington Healthplanfinder?
View resources about public healthcare and mental health care specifically for children in Washington. More
Affordable Care Act
- Health Care Reform - General Information
- Health Care Reform - Medicaid Expansion
- Health Care Reform – Qualified Health Plans
- Health Care Reform – Requirement to Get Health Coverage
- Health Care Reform – SSDI and Medically Needy
- When Can I Enroll in a Plan Through Washington Healthplanfinder?
- List of Health Plan Navigators
General Health Care Resources
Get Legal Help
If you have a very low income and need help with a non-criminal legal problem:
- In King County, call 2-1-1
- Outside King County call CLEAR at 1-888-201-1014 weekdays 9:15 am - 12:15 pm
Apply online with CLEAR*Online
Get Health Insurance
Washington residents who do not have health insurance can apply at http://www.wahealthplanfinder.org/, calling the Health Plan Finder at 1-855-WAFINDER (1-855-923-4633) or TTY/TDD 1-855-627-9604 or by picking up a paper application at your local DSHS office.
If you currently receive Medicaid, you may have to apply for a new type of medical coverage. Talk to your DSHS worker about this or call the CLEAR Intake line for more information.
- If you need help applying for medical insurance or in understanding your options, talk to an In-Person Assister (Navigator). It does not cost any money to talk to an In-Person Assister. You can find an In-Person Assister by going online at http://www.wahealthplanfinder.org/ or calling the Health Plan Finder at 1-855-WAFINDER (1-855-923-4633) or TTY/TDD 1-855-627-9604.