Legal Information


In this section of Washington LawHelp you will find general legal information and resources about emancipation in Washington state.

  • Emancipation of Minors in Washington State

    4901EN - If you are a resident of Washington and are at least 16, but not yet 18, and you want to be legally considered an adult, you can use this packet to ask the court to order that you be emancipated (legally declared an adult). Read More

    Northwest Justice Project
  • Your Guide to Turning 18

    This guide contains important information to get you started in your life as an adult. It covers topics from renting your first apartment and purchasing a car and military service. Read More

    WSBA Leadership Institute
  • Turning 18

    Legal issues and options for youth turning 18. Content Detail

    Columbia Legal Services