Filing for Divorce in WA with No Minor Children - Self-Help Forms

Authored By: Northwest Justice Project LSC Funded
Information about using the Self-Help Forms Related

Information about using the Self-Help Forms

Welcome! This online interview was developed by the Northwest Justice Project for use by low-income persons representing themselves, but is available free of charge to all persons. The interview is easy to use and when completed provides completed court forms and instructions for filing a divorce without minor children of the marriage in Washington State.

What do I need to get started?

  • You and your spouse's full legal name.

  • You and your spouse's mailing address.

  • You and your spouse's contact phone numbers (or message phones).

  • You and your spouse's social security number, if available.

  • You and your spouse's birth date.

  • You and your spouse's employer name (if applicable).

  • You or your spouse's attorney name (if applicable).

  • Date, city, state/country (if foreign country) of your marriage

  • List of separate property, community personal property, and community real property that you would like the court to define as either your's or your spouse's.

  • Legal description of real estate (if applicable).

  • List of outstanding community and separate debts.

These forms are not for commercial use and charging for use in any way is prohibited.


  • It is always advisable to talk to a lawyer before proceeding in a court case on your own. We also suggest you read our publication Ending Your Marriage in Washington without Minor Children before completing this interview.

  • Some Washington courts have additional forms and procedures not included in this interview, such as in King County. Make sure to ask your county's Superior Court Clerk's office or court facilitator about what these may be.

  • You will need to complete a separate "Finishing Your Dissolution" interview when it is time to file your final dissolution court forms.


What if I have questions?

To learn more about the project and what to expect when you use the interactive court forms, read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) at LawHelp Interactive.

What should I know about representing myself in court?

When you represent yourself in court you are held to the same standards as an attorney. Your preparation, paperwork, and your conduct at all hearings must comply with court rules and orders. You should always talk to a lawyer about your legal issues before filing any legal paperwork. Even if you do not hire a lawyer to appear in your case, a lawyer can give you information about your rights. Read our publication Basic Tips on How to Prepare for a Court Hearing or Trial for more information on court behavior.

Where can I find an assistance if I decide I need it?

Visit the Washington State Bar Association's web site for information on how to locate an attorney.

YouTube Channel
Visit us on Facebook