Washington LawHelpWashington LawHelp

Name Change

Authored By: Northwest Justice Project LSC Funded
Read this in:
Spanish / Español
Russian / Pусский

3400EN - In Washington State, if you are eighteen or older, you can choose and use any name you wish, as long as you are not trying to defraud (cheat) someone. Example: it is not legal to change names to avoid creditors or to escape a child support obligation. This publication describes the process.

Download Related Resources
Last Review and Update: Aug 19, 2016