Powers of Attorney and Health Care Directives

Authored By: Northwest Justice Project LSC Funded
Read this in:
Spanish / Español
Russian / Pусский
Information Download Related


You may have thought about which friend or relative you would choose to make decisions for you if you become injured or sick. You may have even thought about what kinds of medical treatment you will want if you are terminally ill or in a coma. But have you written it down? A power of attorney document allows you to choose a trusted friend or relative to help you with your health care and/or finances. A health care directive tells your friends, family and medical providers what kinds of treatment you want if you cannot speak for yourself. Watch the video below that explains the types of Powers of Attorney and Directives in more detail. Then download the document to fill out the forms.


Last Review and Update: Aug 11, 2015
YouTube Channel
Visit us on Facebook