Who We Are
The Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association's TACOMAPROBONO provides civil legal aid to low-income individuals in Pierce County. Volunteers provide a majority of services, which include intake, referral, advice, brief services, and representation. Please see www.tacomaprobono.org for a complete description of legal clinics. Extensive online help is available on this website in the areas of landlord-tenant and family law.
Who We Serve
- Pierce County
- Additional Service Area Info
- We assist clients in other counties if their legal issue is in Pierce County.
- Cirumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
Translation and interpreter services are provided as needed.
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
Civil (non-criminal) legal issues only.
Clients are responsible for minimal costs incurred in representation. Agreements with individual volunteer attorneys will vary.
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice
- Pro Se Legal Clinic
- Description of Services
Volunteers and staff attorneys assist clients with civil legal issues. Advice appointments, approximately 30 minutes in length, may be scheduled by phone or in-person at the TACOMAPROBONO office. Appointments are required and are often scheduled one to four weeks from the day of intake. Additional resources, including Housing Justice Project forms, are available at www.tacomaprobono.org.
How to Get Help
You can contact this organization by:
- Phone Number
Call the CLEAR Hotline for intake. CLEAR is Washington’s toll-free, centralized intake, advice and referral service for low-income people seeking free legal assistance with civil legal problems.
- Read this in:
- Spanish / Español