energizado por probono.net

Para salir de este sitio ahora, use el botón X.
Si está en peligro, utilice una computadora más segura.
En una emergencia, llame al 911 o a la línea directa nacional de violencia doméstica al 1-800-799-7233 (TTY 1-800-787-3224). El uso de la computadora se puede monitorear y es imposible de borrar por completo.

Tamaño del texto: A A A


Housing: Your Rights as a Farm Worker

Authored By: Northwest Justice Project LSC Funded
Read this in:
Spanish / Español

Farm Worker housing or camps provided by an employer must meet standards set by state and federal law. This short resources outlines some of those rights. #2600EN


Read Online

What type of housing does my employer need to provide?

Farm worker housing or camps provided by an employer must meet standards set by state and federal law. Labor camps must be inspected and certified before you move in. Employers should post inspection certificates where you can read them.

Camps must have:

  • Enough toilet facilities (one per fifteen residents)

  • safe water for drinking, bathing and laundry

  • good heating equipment for cold weather

  • one shower with cold and hot running water for every ten people

  • at least 50 square feet of space per person in the sleeping area

  • proper doors, screens and windows

  • cooking and food storage facilities

  • no rats or mice around

  • one stove for each ten people

  • garbage disposal

There are many other important housing standards.

What if the employer puts me in housing that is unsafe?

If an employer houses you in dirty, dangerous, or inadequate camps, call the Northwest Justice Project Farm Worker Unit. See contact info at the end.

What if the employer will not let me have visitors at the camp?

Labor camp housing is your home. You have a right to have visitors there. If visitors are denied entry to see you, contact the Northwest Justice Project Farm Worker Unit.

The employer said they would evict me.

If an employer providing housing threatens to evict you, you may need legal help. No one can physically force you to leave your home or labor camp without a signed order from a judge. Before you can be taken to court for eviction, you have a right to reasonable notice of when you will be expected to move. An employer must have a court order to make you leave. You have a right to a court hearing before eviction. Call the Northwest Justice Project Farm Worker Unit with eviction questions.

Northwest Justice Project Farm Worker Unit

Yakima Office:
311 N. 4th Street, Suite 201
Yakima, WA  98901
1-888-201-1018 (toll-free)
(509) 574-4234

Wenatchee Office:
300 Okanogan Avenue, Suite 3-A
Wenatchee, WA  98801
(509) 664-5101



Download | Printer-friendly

Last Review and Update: Jan 14, 2020