powered by probono.net

To leave this site now, use the X button.
If you are in danger, please use a safer computer.
In an emergency, call 911 or the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 (TTY 1-800-787-3224). Computer use can be monitored and is impossible to completely clear.

Text size: A A A

WashingtonLawHelp.orgWashington LawHelp

Filter By:


The Basics (4)+

Moving In / Reading Your Lease (1)+

Overpayments (1)+

Social Security Disability & SSI (2)+

Social Security Retirement (3)+

  • How to Change, Remove, or Report a Representative Payee

    The Social Security Administration (SSA) pays benefits to certain eligible people, called beneficiaries. If a beneficiary cannot manage or direct the management of their SSA benefits, SSA appoints a representative payee (rep payee) to receive and manage the SSA benefits. A rep payee can be a person or an organization. This publication is for adult beneficiaries and explains how a beneficiary can ask SSA to change or remove a rep payee and how a beneficiary can report a rep payee for misuse of funds. Content Detail

    Disability Rights Washington
  • Same-Sex Couples and Social Security

    Read this if you are or were married (OR in a registered domestic partnership) with someone of the same sex AND live in Washington. #7202EN Read More

    Northwest Justice Project
  • Social Security Survivor Benefits

    When a worker dies, the surviving spouse may be entitled to benefits based on the worker’s earnings record, if you also meet age or other requirements. Publication #7204EN. Read More

    Northwest Justice Project

Special Needs Trusts (1)+