Know Your Rights
5 Resource(s) Found
Filter By:

How do I get a copy of my Washington State Acknowledgment of Parentage?

How to get a copy of a Parentage Affidavit, Parentage Acknowledgment, or Acknowledgment of Parentage (all the same thing). #3612EN

I have experienced domestic violence. Should I file a protection order (PO)?

If you are being hurt, threatened or stalked, try to talk with a domestic violence program. The National Domestic Violence Hotline is 1-800-799-SAFE. This explains things to think about before filing a PO. #3703EN

My legal rights: I was raped and became pregnant

If you were raped and became pregnant, you have options for limiting the rapist's rights to the child. #3660EN

Unmarried Couples: Washington Parenting Law

Basic information about Washington State law that applies to parenting when unmarried couples separate. #3912EN

Guardian Ad Litem Report: The basics and how to respond

If you're fighting about a parenting plan in a family law case in a Washington court, read this to learn what a guardian ad litem does, why the report matters, and how to respond to a report when its recommendations don't help you. #3111EN

Back to top