powered by probono.net

To leave this site now, use the X button.
If you are in danger, please use a safer computer.
In an emergency, call 911 or the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 (TTY 1-800-787-3224). Computer use can be monitored and is impossible to completely clear.

Text size: A A A

WashingtonLawHelp.orgWashington LawHelp

Filter By:


The Basics (7)+

  • Earned Income Tax Credit Info for Native Americans

    A guide to claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit for Native Americans. Read More

  • Have you been laid off or have your hours been reduced due to COVID-19?

    You may be eligible for expanded unemployment benefits through the Washington State Employment Security Department (ESD). Read More

    Northwest Justice Project
  • How do my Tribal Income/Resources affect my SSI?

    9216EN - Read this if you want to know how tribal income and resources affect SSI benefits. We do not explain the effect of tribal income or resources on other benefits such as subsidized housing or long-term medical care benefits. The table at the end has info about food and state cash benefits (ABD, TANF, and so on.). Read More

    Northwest Justice Project
  • Native American and Alaska Native Property Owners: Exemptions from Estate Recovery

    This is about property owned by Native Americans and Alaska Natives. You can find information about exemptions for other types of property in our brochure called, "Estate Recovery for Medical Services paid for by the State." That brochure also explains which DSHS medical programs require estate recovery. #9208EN Read More

    Northwest Justice Project
  • Native American Unit

    Information about NJP's Native American Unit and the services it provides. Read More

    Northwest Justice Project
  • Social Security Online - American Indian & Alaska Natives (AIAN) web site

    The AIAN website provides basic information and ongoing updates of programs administered by the Social Security Administration and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS). We also provide information on how individuals and tribes or nations can contact the Social Security Administration, ongoing outreach efforts, and links to related federal programs. You may apply online for benefits. Read More

    Social Security Administration
  • Tribal Trust Fund Settlement Payments

    9214EN - Use this publication if you have received or may be receiving money as a result of the Tribal Trust Accounting and Management lawsuits filed by tribes against the United States; and you get or may apply for needs-based public benefits including Supplemental Security Income (SSI), food assistance, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Medicaid; and you may file a tax statement for 2012. Read More

    Northwest Justice Project

Earned Income Tax Credit (1)+