Washington LawHelpWashington LawHelp

Filter By:


General Info (3)+

  • Crisis Text Line

    Crisis Text Line serves young people in any type of crisis, providing them access to free, 24/7, emotional support and information they need via the medium they already use and trust: text. Here’s how it works: A teen texts into CTL anywhere, anytime; a live, trained specialist receives the text and responds quickly; the specialist helps the teen stay safe and healthy with effective, secure counseling and referrals through text message using CTL’s platform. CTL partners with existing organizations that are experienced, highly trained, and well-equipped to respond to teens in crisis: experienced crisis centers, youth-serving organizations, and experts in the youth and mental health fields. Read More

    Crisis Text Line
  • ARY (At-Risk Youth) petitions

    ARY petitions are filed by parents or legal guardian requesting help from the court to resolve family conflicts, treat substance abuse problems, or to prevent a youth from engaging in self-destructive behavior. Read More

    Columbia Legal Services
  • CHINS (Child in Need of Services) petitions

    A CHINS petition is a petition filed in court requesting that a child be placed in a residence other than the home of their parents or legal guardians. This resources explains when a CHINS petition is appropriate. Read More

    Columbia Legal Services