Getting Your Security Deposit Back

Advice and instructions on how to get your security deposit back from your landlord. Learn the difference between damages the landlord can charge you for versus normal wear and tear. Includes forms you can use. #6370EN


Ready to write a letter to your landlord? Use our Do-it-Yourself Form

Complete a short interview and the form letter will be created for you. What do I need before I start the interview?

  • Your current address.
  • Your previous address.
  • Your previous landlord's name, address or management company's address.
  • The date you moved out.
  • The amount of your deposit.


Launch InterviewStart Interview

Link takes you to a separate website.


Download Information and Forms | Printer-friendly

Last Review and Update: Feb 22, 2023
Was this information helpful?
Back to top