powered by probono.net

To leave this site now, use the X button.
If you are in danger, please use a safer computer.
In an emergency, call 911 or the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 (TTY 1-800-787-3224). Computer use can be monitored and is impossible to completely clear.

Text size: A A A

WashingtonLawHelp.orgWashington LawHelp

CHINS (Child in Need of Services) petitions

Authored By: Columbia Legal Services

A CHINS petition is a petition filed in court requesting that a child be placed in a residence other than the home of their parents or legal guardians. This resources explains when a CHINS petition is appropriate.

Link to CHINS Petitions: www.homelessyouth.org

Last Review and Update: Jun 12, 2019