powered by probono.net

To leave this site now, use the X button.
If you are in danger, please use a safer computer.
In an emergency, call 911 or the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 (TTY 1-800-787-3224). Computer use can be monitored and is impossible to completely clear.

Text size: A A A

WashingtonLawHelp.orgWashington LawHelp

Clark County Superior Court: Seeking a Court Order in your Family Law case during COVID-19

Authored By: Northwest Justice Project

Read about how the Clark County Superior Court has changed how you can present your family law case to that court during the pandemic. #3960EN


Download | Printer-friendly

Read Online


In response to the COVID-19 virus, Clark County Superior Court has changed how you can present your family law case to that court. The Court has issued many General Orders (20-05, 20-06, 20-07, and 20-11) since COVID-19 started in Washington State.  We expect more orders to come. 

Currently, the court only allows consideration of family law (divorce, parenting plan, and non-parent custody) requests in limited situations: 

  • Requests for special set (specially scheduled) phone hearings will be considered for emergency issues by the assigned judicial department.  Emergency issues include temporary restraining orders, child safety concerns, and financial concerns that limit your ability to meet basic needs.  If you have an open case (have already filed a summons and petition), follow these instructions: 

  • The 1:00 p.m. Ex Parte Docket is still open to receive emergency motions and sign agreed orders.  All documents you want the court to consider at Ex Parte must be submitted by 11:00 a.m. that day. Otherwise, the Ex Parte judge will consider them the next day. 

Last Review and Update: Mar 31, 2020