powered by probono.net

To leave this site now, use the X button.
If you are in danger, please use a safer computer.
In an emergency, call 911 or the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 (TTY 1-800-787-3224). Computer use can be monitored and is impossible to completely clear.

Text size: A A A

WashingtonLawHelp.orgWashington LawHelp

Eviction Help in Jefferson County

Authored By: Northwest Justice Project LSC Funded
Read this in:
Amharic / አማርኛ
Arabic / العربية
Spanish / Español
Hindi / हिन्दी
Cambodian / Khmer
Korean / 한국어
Marshallese / Kajin M̧ajeļ
Punjabi / ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
Russian / Pусский
Samoan / Gagana Samoa
Somali / Soomaali
Tagalog / Pilipino
Ukrainian / Українська
Vietnamese / Tiếng Việt
Chinese (Traditional) / 中文
Chinese (Simplified) / 简体中文

Eviction Defense Helper

Persons leaving home icon

Not sure what to do next? Answer questions to get personalized help here.


Start the Helper


Rent Assistance

Rental Assistance Icon

Need help paying rent? ​Apply for rent assistance at:

Olympic Community Action Program

  • (360) 385-2571



Lawyer Icon

Statewide Intake by Northwest Justice Project

  • Apply for legal help through CLEAR*Online

  • Call 1-855-657-8387, the Eviction Defense Screening Line. Interpreters available.

If you are eligible, a lawyer may give you legal advice, help you negotiate with your landlord, or possibly refer you to a legal aid program.



People sitting at table icon

Peninsula DRC

  • (360) 452-8024
  • renee@pdrc.org


*Dispute resolution is optional for landlords and tenants.


Court Info (Interpreter and ADA Requests)

Courthouse Icon

Jefferson County Superior Court

1820 Jefferson St
Port Townsend, WA 98368

(360) 385-9395 


Language access icon

Court Interpreter

You have a right to an interpreter. Ask the Court for an interpreter as soon as you can. The Court should provide an interpreter and pay for it. You don't have bring your own interpreter.

If there is no interpreter at your hearing, say this to the Judge:  "I need an interpreter in my language. If I cannot have an interpreter today then I need a "continuance" until the Court provides me an interpreter."

If the Court refuses to provide you an interpreter, apply for legal help.


Person in Wheelchair Icon

ADA Request for Court

You have a right to a reasonable accommodation of your disability. Ask the Court for the request form. Try to do this as early as you can before your hearing. If the court turns down your request for reasonable accommodation, talk to a lawyer right away. Apply for legal help.


Last Review and Update: Aug 03, 2021