Eviction Help in King County

Rent Assistance

Rental Assistance Icon

Need help paying rent? Apply for rent assistance at:

King County
  • DCHSRentalAssistance@kingcounty.gov
  • (206) 263-3481
Multi-Service Center
King County Housing Stability Project
  • Call King County 2-1-1
Catholic Community Services
  • 1 (800) 872-3204
Bellevue LifeSpring 
  • (425) 451-1175
  • (425) 869-6000
Issaquah Community Services
  • (425) 837-3125
Urban League
  • (206) 461-3792
  • cbarquet@urbanleague.org
Chief Seattle Club
  • (206) 348-4723
  • (206) 348-2486



Lawyer Icon

Statewide Intake by Northwest Justice Project​
  • Apply for legal help through CLEAR*Online

  • Call 1-855-657-8387, the Eviction Defense Screening Line. Interpreters available.

Housing Justice Project (King County Bar)
Eastside Legal Assistance Program (for Kirkland or South King County)
Tenant Law Center (for Seattle residents with housing problems related to domestic violence, disability, or mental health)
  • (206) 324-6890

If you are eligible, a lawyer may give you advice, help you negotiate with your landlord, or possibly represent you in a limited capacity at a court hearing.

Interpreters are available. If you reach voice mail, leave a message with your phone number and the language you need.



People sitting at table icon

King County Dispute Resolution Center

Sue McCarthy, Eviction Resolution Program Project Manager

Request Help Online:

  • (206) 443-9603 x111 (leave a message)
  • housing@kcdrc.org
Bellevue Conflict Resolution Center (Bellevue Residents Only)
  • (425) 452-4090
  • bcrc@bellevuewa.gov 


Court Info (Interpreter and ADA Requests)

Courthouse Icon

King County Superior Court Downtown Courthouse

516 3rd Ave

Seattle, WA 98104

(206) 477-1400


King County Superior Court South in Kent

Maleng Justice Center

401 Fourth Avenue North

Kent, WA 98032

(206) 477-2600


Language access icon

Court Interpreter

You have a right to an interpreter. Ask the Court for an interpreter as soon as you can. The Court should provide an interpreter and pay for it. You don't have bring your own interpreter.

If there is no interpreter at your hearing, say this to the Judge:  "I need an interpreter in my language. If I cannot have an interpreter today then I need a "continuance" until the Court provides me an interpreter."

If the Court refuses to provide you an interpreter, apply for legal help.


Person in Wheelchair Icon

ADA Request for Court

You have a right to a reasonable accommodation of your disability. Ask the Court for the request form. Try to do this as early as you can before your hearing. If the court turns down your request for reasonable accommodation, talk to a lawyer right away. Apply for legal help.


Last Review and Update: Jul 12, 2021
Was this information helpful?
Back to top