powered by probono.net

To leave this site now, use the X button.
If you are in danger, please use a safer computer.
In an emergency, call 911 or the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 (TTY 1-800-787-3224). Computer use can be monitored and is impossible to completely clear.

Text size: A A A

WashingtonLawHelp.orgWashington LawHelp

Finalize a Non-Parent Custody Case

Authored By: Northwest Justice Project LSC Funded

Blank forms to print and fill out on your own, with how-to instructions for completing and filing. Note: most of the instructions are from Petitioner’s point of view. Respondent might use some of the forms in this packet if they win at trial or the judge dismisses the case before trial. Packet #3114EN


Download Packet

Download Instructions Only

Links to Court Forms


Forms you will need included in this packet:

Default Forms - A Petitioner who is applying for an Order on Motion for Default also needs the following documents:

Voluntary Dismissal Forms A Petitioner who is voluntarily dismissing the case will also need

Involuntary Dismissal Forms - If the judge is involuntarily dismissing the petition after a hearing or trial, someone must prepare papers for the judge to sign showing his/her decision. The court will usually ask respondent to prepare the final papers. General information about requesting involuntary dismissal before trial is in our packet Respond to a Non-Parent Custody Petition.

The forms are in PDF format. For MS Word forms visit www.courts.wa.gov/forms

Last Review and Update: Aug 15, 2019