WashingtonLawHelp.orgWashington LawHelp

How to File a Discrimination Complaint with the Office for Civil Rights

Authored By: Office for Civil Rights

Anyone who believes that an educational institution that receives Federal financial assistance has discriminated against someone on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age, or who believes that a public elementary or secondary school, or State or local education agency has violated the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act, may file a complaint. The person or organization filing the complaint need not be a victim of the alleged discrimination, but may complain on behalf of another person or group.

Last Review and Update: Jan 13, 2020