WashingtonLawHelp.orgWashington LawHelp

Guardian ad Litems in Family Law Cases Cases

Authored By: Northwest Justice Project - CLEAR Intake Line LSC Funded

3103EN - A judge may appoint a guardian ad litem (GAL) in a court case about custody or visitation rights. Any party to the case may ask for appointment of a GAL, or the judge can decide on his her/own to appoint one. A GAL may be a lawyer, mental health professional, or volunteer. This packet has the necessary forms and instructions.

Last Review and Update: Jun 22, 2016