WashingtonLawHelp.orgWashington LawHelp

King County - Emancipation of Minors Packet

Authored By: King County Superior Court

Emancipation is a legal process that gives a person who is 16 or 17 years of age legal independence from his/her parent(s) or guardian (legally declared an adult). This packet is for King County.

Last Review and Update: Feb 05, 2020