powered by probono.net

To leave this site now, use the X button.
If you are in danger, please use a safer computer.
In an emergency, call 911 or the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 (TTY 1-800-787-3224). Computer use can be monitored and is impossible to completely clear.

Text size: A A A

WashingtonLawHelp.orgWashington LawHelp

Planning Ahead for Your Children’s Safety

Authored By: Northwest Justice Project
Read this in:
Spanish / Español

This resource is specifically for immigrant families who are thinking about giving temporary permission to a trusted caregiver to take care of your children. That could mean anything from having the children live with them, to just having them make decisions for the children like obtaining medical and dental care or enrolling a child in school. It may also grant permission to travel across international borders with the children. If you're looking for a general temporary custody agreement, see Non-Parent Custody: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers. #8166EN


Download Packet

Last Review and Update: Jun 11, 2020