WashingtonLawHelp.orgWashington LawHelp

Responding to Family Law Actions while Incarcerated

Authored By: Legal Voice

Are you in jail or prison? Have you been served with legal papers about your family? This memo provides general information about how to respond to family law actions such as petitions related to divorce, child support, and custody issues. This memo is not intended as a substitute for legal advice. You may be able to get legal advice about your specific needs from a contract attorney or public defender.

Last Review and Update: Mar 27, 2018