WashingtonLawHelp.orgWashington LawHelp

Your Family Law Case: If You Cannot Afford the GAL Fee

Authored By: Northwest Justice Project LSC Funded

Before requiring you to pay GAL fees, the court should consider your ability to pay. If believe you cannot afford this fee, you can file a motion with the court asking that the fee get paid another way. You must prove you are unable to pay this fee. This packet provides instructions and forms to help you make this request to the court. Publication #3117EN

Last Review and Update: Jun 27, 2016