Prioritizing Debt: Which Bills do I Pay First?

General information about which bills you should pay first when you are having trouble paying all of your debts. #0110EN

Getting a divorce: Dividing property and debts

Find out what it means for your Washington divorce that this is a "community property" state. #3243EN

Divorce and Other Options for Ending Your Marriage with Children in Washington State

If you have children and are considering getting a divorce, read this first. This does not include court forms but will guide you to the forms you need. #3240EN

Changing a Parenting Plan or Child Custody Order

Learn more about when and how you can change the final court order awarding custody and visitation of your children. This order might be a Custody Decree or Order, Residential Schedule, or Parenting Plan. #3104EN

Divorce: The Basics

General information about getting divorced in Washington state. #3200EN

Deployed during your parenting plan case: Your rights in Washington State

Read this if you are a parent of minor children AND serving in the armed forces AND in a court case over parenting plan issues. You should be aware of some laws passed for your benefit in 2009. #3233EN

Protecting Your Section 8 Voucher

A detailed explanation of your responsibilities under the Section 8 Voucher program, and what rights you have if the Housing Authority (HA) tries to cut off your voucher. #6113EN

How to fight a denial or termination of eligibility for the Housing and Essential Needs (HEN) referral program for medical reasons

Learn more about this program, which provides non-cash help for people who are unable to work. Publication #7813EN

When DSHS or DCYF thinks you made an intentional program violation

Answers to common questions and important information that you should know if you are being accused of intentionally violating a public assistance program rule (sometimes called welfare fraud). #7116EN

Divorce and Other Options for Ending Your Marriage without Children in Washington State

If you have no children and want to get a divorce or dissolution of domestic partnership, read this first. This does not include court forms but will guide you to the forms you need. #3241EN

Respond to Divorce

A Washington Forms Online interview. Self-help court forms and instructions on LawHelp Interactive.

Supplemental Proceedings

If a creditor has a judgment ordered by a court and wants to collect the money from you, you may receive an order to attend a Supplemental Proceedings court hearing. #0210EN

I Was Served with Parentage (or Petition for Parenting Plan or Child Support) Papers

If you were served with parentage, petition for parenting plan or child support papers, you must respond promptly. If you do not respond on time, the other party may automatically win. You may have as few as four business days to file a response. This will help you figure out what to do. #3614EN

Unmarried Couples: Washington Parenting Law

Basic information about Washington State law that applies to parenting when unmarried couples separate. #3912EN

Public assistance for immigrants who are not lawfully present

This explains what benefits you may be eligible for if you are an immigrant who is not considered to be lawfully present in the U.S. #7934EN

Back to top