Search results for legal separation

File for Legal Separation with Children

Brief instructions and the forms to file for legal separation with children in Washington state. #3268EN

Legal Separation: General Info

Learn about the difference between getting a divorce and a legal separation and why people might choose a one over the other. #3253EN

Changing Your Legal Separation to a Divorce

If you've changed your mind about your legal separation and you want to get a divorce OR you want to get back together with your spouse, use these forms and instructions. #3252EN

File for Legal Separation without Children

Brief instructions and the forms to file for legal separation without children in Washington state. #3269EN

Unmarried Couples: Washington Parenting Law

Basic information about Washington State law that applies to parenting when unmarried couples separate. #3912EN

Divorce and bankruptcy

If you're getting a divorce and you have a lot of debt, you might want to file for bankruptcy with your spouse, or separately. Read this to learn more. #0102EN

Ask a court to cancel your non-restitution interest and/or reduce your LFOs

Read this if you were convicted of a crime in Washington State, owe the state legal financial obligations, but cannot afford to pay. #9913EN

Divorce: The Basics

General information about getting divorced in Washington state. #3200EN

Getting a divorce: Dividing property and debts

Find out what it means for your Washington divorce that this is a "community property" state. #3243EN

Letter to landlord for return of a security deposit

This online form will help you write your landlord a letter asking for the return of your security deposit. We ask you questions and use your answers to complete your letter. It takes less than 10 minutes. When you finish, you can email or download and print your completed letter to send to your landlord. #6369EN

Divorce and Other Options for Ending Your Marriage without Children in Washington State

If you have no children and want to get a divorce or dissolution of domestic partnership, read this first. This does not include court forms but will guide you to the forms you need. #3241EN

Abortion rights in Washington State

Read this to understand your legal rights around abortion under Washington State laws. #5706EN

Advance Directive for Voluntary Stopping of Eating and Drinking (VSED Directive)

Use this self-help form to fill out a VSED Directive. It expresses your end-of-life wishes if dementia or other progressive illnesses cause you to lose the ability to make your own health care decisions. This VSED Directive can be used anywhere in the United States. #9615EN

Pregnancy and Divorce

For people getting a divorce in Washington State while one of the spouses is pregnant. #3236EN

I live in a trailer, motor home, or fifth wheel in an RV park. I pay rent for the lot. Do I have rights?

Find out when you might have additional legal rights if you live in an RV you own in a manufactured/mobile home park and you rent the lot. #6560EN

Durable power of attorney

A power of attorney form lets you choose a trusted friend or relative to help you with your finances and/or health care decisions. #9608EN

Back to top