Search results for probably

Family Law Cases: Trial Tips

Getting ready for trial can be hard and complicated. This publication can help. #3101EN

Domestic violence: Can the criminal legal system help me?

If you are being hurt, threatened, or stalked, try to talk with a domestic violence program. The National Domestic Violence Hotline is 1-800-799-SAFE. Read this to learn what you should think about if you're thinking about filing a DVPO. #3705EN

APS Investigations and Findings

Adult Protective Services (APS) is a statewide government agency. It is part of the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS). APS investigators respond to reports of possible abuse or neglect of vulnerable adults who live in their own homes or in a facility where there is an allegation of mistreatment by someone who is not an employee of the facility. #2940EN

Immigration, Family Law, and Domestic Violence

If you have a protection order case or family law matter, you may have immigration questions or concerns. People who are abusive often use immigration status to control their partners. Read this for basic answers to some common questions. #8105EN

Washington Public Assistance for Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence

This will tell you what benefits you may be eligible for if you are an immigrant and a victim of domestic violence. If you have a different immigration status, please read one of our other publications on this topic. #7924EN

Getting ready for a court hearing or trial

Tips on how to represent yourself and prepare for a court appearance. #3210EN

How to get a name change in Washington State

In Washington State, if you are eighteen or older, you can choose and use any name you wish, as long as you are not trying to defraud (cheat) someone. This describes the process. #3400EN

Back to top