energizado por probono.net

Para salir de este sitio ahora, use el botón X.
Si está en peligro, utilice una computadora más segura.
En una emergencia, llame al 911 o a la línea directa nacional de violencia doméstica al 1-800-799-7233 (TTY 1-800-787-3224). El uso de la computadora se puede monitorear y es imposible de borrar por completo.

Tamaño del texto: A A A


File for Divorce

Por: Northwest Justice Project LSC Funded

A Washington Forms Online interview. Do-it-yourself court forms and instructions on LawHelp Interactive.

What will this interview do? How much does a divorce cost? Where should I file my divorce? What if I have children? Where can I learn about Washington divorce law? What about local rules? Talk with a lawyer What do I need before I start? What does my computer need? Ready to get started?

What will this interview do?

This free program will help you fill out court forms to file for divorce. 

The interview asks questions and uses your answers to complete your forms. When you finish the interview, you can save, edit, email, download or print your completed forms. You will also get instructions to help with your next steps.

Watch our How-To Video to see how it works.

What forms will I get?

  1. Instructions
  2. Cover Sheet
  3. Summons: Notice about a Marriage (FL Divorce 200)
  4. Petition for Divorce (FL Divorce 201)
  5. Certificate of Dissolution (DOH 422-027)
  6. Confidential Information (FL All Family 001)
  7. Proof of Personal Service (FL All Family 101)

And other forms if needed, based on your answers.

If you do not want to fill these out online, download our printable packet.

To continue, click the Learn More tab above

How much does a divorce cost?

The costs involved in a divorce include a filing fee of $250 - $320, photocopying fees, and possibly fees for service (delivering the papers to your spouse). If you cannot afford the filing fee, you may be able to file without paying it. To fill out the forms you need, complete the interview, Ask the Court to Waive Your Filing Fee.  

Where should I file my divorce?

You can file a divorce petition in the county where you live, or the county where your spouse lives. If you have questions about whether to file in Washington, talk with a lawyer, or read our publications about Washington divorce law (links below). 

What if I have children?

If you have children with your spouse who are under age 18, the court will order a parenting plan and child support as part of your divorce. 

If the children have not always lived in Washington, the court may not have authority (jurisdiction) over the children. If not, you cannot get a parenting plan here. You may need to file in another state. 

Where can I learn about Washington divorce law?

Read Divorce and Other Options for Ending Your Marriage in Washington State

What about local rules?

Divorce law is the same all over the state. But local court requirements will affect how you handle your case. Many counties have special forms, or have other local rules you must follow. Many counties require case schedules, classes, or settlement conferences. You must learn and follow local court requirements.

Call the court clerk’s office or family law facilitator for the court where you will file your case to find out about their local requirements. Tell them you are filing for divorce. Requirements may differ, depending on the type or stage of your case.

Read your local court rules. They are available at your county’s law library and often online at courts.wa.gov.

To continue, click the Get Started tab above

Talk with a lawyer

We strongly recommend that you talk with a lawyer before filing for divorce. Even if you cannot afford to pay one to handle your divorce for you, a lawyer may advise you about important legal rights your divorce may affect. Example: You may have financial rights, such as a share of your spouse’s pension or other property, that you could lose if you do not protect those rights in the divorce.

If you have children, a lawyer can help you with a parenting plan and child support.

What do I need before I start?

  • Your and your spouse's full legal names

  • Date, city, state (or country) of your marriage

  • Your mailing address

It is helpful but not necessary to have:

  • Your spouse's mailing address

  • Your and your spouse's drivers license and social security number

  • List of personal property and real estate (real property) that you want the judge to award you or your spouse

  • List of outstanding community and separate debts

It could take up to an hour to finish. If you don't have enough time, save your answers by creating a free account with LawHelp Interactive. You can create an account before you start or after you finish the interview.

What does my computer need?

This interview works best on a desktop computer, laptop, or large tablet. If you only have a mobile device, go to a library or other location with a desktop computer and printer. You must print your forms to file them in court.   

Your documents will download as .RTF files (rich text format). They can be opened in Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Pages, Word Pad, and other word processors. You can email your forms directly from LawHelp Interactive to yourself or someone else who can print them for you.

Ready to get started?

Launch InterviewStart Interview

Washington Forms Online

Link takes you to a separate website.


Disclaimer:  This program is designed to follow current law. It does not apply legal principles and judgment to anyone's specific circumstances.

Última revisión y actualización: Feb 17, 2021