powered by probono.net

To leave this site now, use the X button.
If you are in danger, please use a safer computer.
In an emergency, call 911 or the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 (TTY 1-800-787-3224). Computer use can be monitored and is impossible to completely clear.

Text size: A A A

WashingtonLawHelp.orgWashington LawHelp

The Basics (10)+

Getting a Job / Sealing Records (6)+

  • Certificate of Restoration of Opportunity (CROP)

    Getting a CROP can make it easier for you to get work, housing, and/or an occupational license if you have served your criminal sentence. This has general information about CROP. #2952EN Read More

    Northwest Justice Project
  • Fair Chance Act - Use of Criminal Record Information in Job Hiring

    In 2018, the Legislature passed the Washington Fair Chance Act, RCW chapter 49.94, to protect job applicants with a criminal record so they may fairly compete for job opportunities for which they are otherwise qualified. Read More

    Washington State Office of the Attorney General
  • File a Petition for Certificate of Restoration of Opportunity (CROP)

    Use this packet if you have a criminal conviction history, especially one that caused you to lose an occupational license, you have finished your sentence/s, and you plan to look for work/housing, or you want to get (back) an occupational license. This packet includes the forms you will need to get a CROP. #2954EN Read More

    Northwest Justice Project
  • Get Misdemeanor Convictions off Your Criminal Record

    Read about Washington state's new law called the New Hope Act. It took effect July 28, 2019. This law makes it easier to vacate criminal convictions. You can now vacate more types of misdemeanor convictions. #8705EN Read More

    Northwest Justice Project
  • Sealing Juvenile Court Records

    Do-it-yourself forms and instructions on LawHelp Interactive. Use this program to prepare paperwork for sealing a juvenile court record in Washington.  Read More

  • Sealing Juvenile Court Records in Washington State | Printable Packet

    In Washington, juvenile court records do not automatically disappear when you turn 18. In fact, almost all of your juvenile records remain open for the public to view, unless you ask a court to "seal" them. You must meet certain requirements to be eligible to have your record sealed. #4902EN Read More