Immigration and family

Know Your Rights

Other Immigration Problems

5 Resource(s) Found

Applying for a Driver’s License with no Social Security Number

Washington State Department of Licensing (DOL) has a policy about residency documents that you will need to show if you are applying for a driver's license or ID card. This publication tells you what documents you need. #9349EN

Durable Power of Attorney for Finances for Detainees

This power of attorney form was created specifically for immigrants who are detained through enforcement of immigration law or otherwise incarcerated. If you're looking for a general power of attorney form, see Durable Power of Attorney Documents in the Health section of #8164EN

Immigration, Family Law, and Domestic Violence

If you have a protection order case or family law matter, you may have immigration questions or concerns. People who are abusive often use immigration status to control their partners. Read this for basic answers to some common questions. #8105EN

Planning Ahead for Your Children’s Safety

This resource is specifically for immigrant families who are thinking about giving temporary permission to a trusted caregiver to take care of your children. That could mean anything from having the children live with them, to just having them make decisions for the children like obtaining medical and dental care or enrolling a child in school. It may also grant permission to travel across international borders with the children. If you're looking for a general temporary custody agreement, see Non-Parent Custody: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers. #8166EN

VAWA Self-Petition: Immigration Relief for Victims of Domestic Violence

If a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident family member uses their immigration status to control or abuse you, you may be able to file an I-360 VAWA Petition. This petition lets you try to get status without the help of the abusive family member. #8125EN

Back to top