Civil rights

Know Your Rights

Other Civil Problems

If you're looking for court forms and information about representing yourself in court, choose the Court Forms & Procedure tab below.

How to get a name change in Washington State

In Washington State, if you are eighteen or older, you can choose and use any name you wish, as long as you are not trying to defraud (cheat) someone. This describes the process. #3400EN

I am age 12 – 17. What are my rights in a minor guardianship case?

If you are a teen and someone has filed to have a court appoint a guardian for you, read this to find out what your rights are. #4402EN

Video - Sexual Harassment in Housing is Illegal

Sexual harassment by landlords and property managers is illegal! Tenants in this US Dept. of Justice video bravely share their stories about being harassed in their home by landlords.

Washington State Department of Health: Abortion info

Abortion is legal and confidential in Washington State. Learn more here.

Back to top