powered by probono.net

To leave this site now, use the X button.
If you are in danger, please use a safer computer.
In an emergency, call 911 or the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 (TTY 1-800-787-3224). Computer use can be monitored and is impossible to completely clear.

Text size: A A A

WashingtonLawHelp.orgWashington LawHelp

Getting Your Security Deposit Back

Authored By: Northwest Justice Project LSC Funded
Read this in:
Spanish / Español

Advice and instructions on how to get your security deposit back from your landlord. Learn the difference between damages the landlord can charge you for versus normal wear and tear. Includes forms you can use. #6370EN


Watch Video

Ready to write a letter to your landlord?: www.washingtonlawhelp.org

Download Packet

Download Sample Letters

Last Review and Update: Jun 11, 2020