Eviction in Washington State
Read about the rules landlords have to follow if they want you to move out. Find resources that explain the eviction process, your rights as a tenant and how to respond if you receive an eviction notice. The laws have changed 7/28/19. The video is temporarily unavailable while we update it.
- For emergency help with housing costs read Additional Requirements for Emergency Needs (AREN)
- 2-1-1 Rent Payment Assistance Programs
- Solid Ground
Watch videos about tenants' rights, security deposits, eviction, foreclosure mediation and more on our Youtube Channel.
View resources in Spanish covering your rights as a tenant, security deposits, eviction and more at Washington LawHelp.
Private Landlord/Tenant Eviction
Public and Subsidized Housing Eviction
Get Legal Help
If you have a very low income and need help with a non-criminal legal problem:
- In King County, call 2-1-1
- Outside King County call CLEAR at 1-888-201-1014 weekdays 9:15 am - 12:15 pm
- Apply online with CLEAR*Online
- Search the Washington LawHelp statewide Legal Help Directory
- More self-help packets, videos and publications covering many legal issues can be found at Washington LawHelp.