Washington LawHelpWashington LawHelp

Filing a Motion for Change of Venue in a Family Law Case

Authored By: Northwest Justice Project LSC Funded

3206EN - This packet has the instructions and forms you need to ask the court to move your family law case to a different county. This is called a Motion for Change of Venue. Use this packet if your case is a divorce OR petition to change parenting plan, child support order, or final order entered in a divorce AND the other party filed your case in the wrong county (such as a county where neither party lives), or it would be more convenient for you to finalize your case in a different county.

Download Entire Packet with Instructions and Forms Download Instructions Only - No Forms Download Individual Court Forms Related Resources
Last Review and Update: Jun 07, 2016